Thursday, February 11, 2010

S'Mocha

So... Last night me and the Mitz were walking laps around the neighborhood. It was a really pretty night, and not too cold considering it's mid-February. On our last lap, a friendly little cat came slinking out of the oak brush and wanted to visit with us. We stopped and petted the cat, and on a whim I tried to pick it up. If you know me, you know that I try to force myself on cute small creatures (kittens, puppies, small children...) but most of the time they reject me. Well, this little cat let me pick him up and actually liked me. It followed us all the way around the block and stayed right on my heels. Then i got this F to the abulous idea. I'd lure the cat down to where Rob and I park our cars, because I know for a fact there are mice down there. I picked up the cat and knocked on our door... When Rob answered he just stared at me and the cat and told me to take it back to wherever I found it ha ha. Then I made him pour some milk in a dish for the cat.

Now to the naming of the cat... it was kind of matted and mangy but had a cute face and kind of light brownish greyish fur. I told my mom and Rob I'd call it Smokeycause it was a smokey color you see. Then Robi piped up and says "how about, in the honor of the late cat mocha, you name this one Smocha?" Me and the Mitz loved it. So now I pretend I have a stray cat named Smocha. I tried to get Robi to take a picture of me holding it but he wouldn't... I'll try to get a picture if I ever see little Smocha again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your a natural mother

Andrea said...

I hate cats but I'm glad you got one to eat your mice. I wish i lived with you and the mitz and could speed walk with you every night.

Veva said...

oh my kenz that is hilarious your gonna be the best mommy