Wednesday, March 31, 2010

risotto

Thank you for calling circlepix, your complete imaging solution. This is Mckenzi, how can I help you?

I say that at least like 500 times a day I think. Every time I utter that first sentence I want to slit my wrists, throat, anywhere that would cause me to bleed out. My job requires me to get yelled at by crazy asian women. It's actually quite funny when they call in because they're furious and trying to yell at me but i can't understand what they're yelling about because it's in Asian/English. Silly asian women.


So the other night I decided I needed to make RISOTTO. I recently learned that I love the stuff and have been wanting to try to make it myself.
I made the mistake of making the stuff after a long day at work, and with an achy body because I was sick. Standing over the stove stiring broth into rice for over an hour is not something an ill and achy Kenzi should be doing.
I thought the process would never end. The rice was staying hard and I did not want to stand there and stir any longer. Then finally the rice decided to not be hard any more and I was done. It was delicious. I love risotto. So creamy, such good texture, it makes you feel good to eat it. I just wish I wouldn't have been sick, because I didn't really have an appetite :(.

Sometime if any of you girls want me to make you some, I will.

No comments: